The Johnston Peach Blossom Festival will be held this year!
The Festival is now taking applications for individuals, organizations, and businesses interested in being a part of the historic 37th annual event.
The Festival will be held May 1, 2021, in Johnston, known as the Peach Capital of the World. Participants in the Festival – both visitors and vendors – are being asked to follow all COVID-19 protocols recommended by federal and state officials, including social distancing, washing hands, and the recommendation to wear a mask while at the Festival.
Last year, year, the Festival was cancelled because of COVID-19.
Each year, the Town goes all out with the Festival to remind citizens about the peach industry and to open its arms to visitors.
Applications and expressions of interest are now being accepted in the following areas:
- Entertainment: Gaye Holmes, (803) 275-4234
- Parade: Debra Aston, (803) 275-2345, 416 Lee St., Suite 2, Johnston, SC 29832
- Food Concessions: Noah Peterson, (803) 480-0135, P.O. Box 282, Johnston, SC 29832
- Arts and Crafts: Donna Livingston, (803) 275-7002, P.O. Box 311, Johnston, SC 29832
- Corporate Sponsorships: Dean Campbell, (803) 275-3635, 802 Ouzts St., Johnston, SC 29832
- Program Book Ads: Debra Aston, (803) 275-2345, 416 Lee St., Suite 2, Johnston, SC 29832
The Johnston Development Corporation, a non-profit volunteer organization, sponsors the Festival. The Corporation works to aid the community in areas such as economic development, education, recreation, historic preservation, tourism, scientific and cultural opportunities, and continued promotion of Johnston.
To learn more about the Festival or the Johnston Development Corporation, visit the website at https://johnstondevelopmentcorp.org/.