Chamber Sponsors Bingo as lead-in events to the Johnston Peach Blossom Festival
A Night of Bingo Games on Thursday, May 4, 6 p.m., American Legion Building, 99 Edisto St., Johnston. Hot dogs, chips and drinks will be available for purchase. Proceeds benefit Chamber programs.
Bingo cards are $10 for one card or $15 for two cards for 18-20 games.
The popular Festival is also taking applications for individuals, organizations or businesses interested in being a part of the event in these areas:
- Entertainment: Tonya King, (803) 480-0427
- Parade: Roger Lamb, (803) 480-2690, 505 Roland Ave., Johnston, SC 29832
- Rides: Debra Aston, (803) 275-2345, 416 Lee St., Suite 2, Johnston, SC 29832
- Food Concessions: Noah Peterson, (803) 480-0135, P.O. Box 282, Johnston, SC 29832
- Arts and Crafts: Donna Livingston, (803) 275-7002, P.O. Box 311, Johnston, SC 29832
- Corporate Sponsorships: Dean Campbell, (803) 275-3635, 802 Ouzts St., Johnston, SC 29832
- Pageant: Applications can be obtained from Gin Logue, 1129 Hwy. 378 East, Edgefield SC, 29824, 637-5383; or for more information contact Janice Cleveland, (803) 334-2507
- Program Book Ads: Debra Aston, (803) 275-2345, 416 Lee St., Suite 2, Johnston, SC 29832
The Johnston Peach Blossom Festival Corporate Sponsors are Edgefield County Hospital, First Citizens Bank, IGA, J.W. Yonce and Sons, NAPA of Johnston/Edgefield, SCE&G, Northland Communications, and National Wild Turkey Federation.
This year, the Festival has upgraded the Festival. The Friday Night Dance will no longer be held. In its place, the funding is being used to pay for some invited entertainment, which will enhance the Saturday Festival.
This year’s Johnston Peach Blossom Festival Entertainment Sponsors are Dr. Hugh Morgan Family Practice, Jim Satcher Motors, and Titan Farms.
Last year, thousands of patrons descended on Johnston to enjoy the day set aside to honor the peach industry, which has been so important in the development of the area. Each year, the Town goes all out with the Festival to remind citizens about the peach industry and to open its arms to visitors.
The Johnston Development Corporation, a non-profit volunteer organization, sponsors the Festival. The Corporation works to aid the community in areas such as economic development, education, recreation, historic preservation, tourism, scientific and cultural opportunities, and continued promotion of Johnston.
To learn more about the Festival or the Johnston Development Corporation, visit the website at http://www.johnstondevelopmentcorp.org/.